Mathieu Deflem is Professor of Sociology at the University of South Carolina, where he works in the areas of law, social control, counterterrorism, policing, popular culture, and theory.
Check the pages on this site in the following sections: www.mathieudeflem.net
Recently posted publications:
- International Law Enforcement. With Michael D. Bayer. In The Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice, edited by Jay S. Albanese, 2014.
- History of Technology in Policing. With Stephen Chicoine. In Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice, edited by Gerben Bruinsma and David Weisburd, 2014.
- Lady Gaga – The Scream of a Rock Star. In Pop-Frauen der Gegenwart, in press.
- Review of Global Shell Games: Experiments in Transnational Relations, Crime, and Terrorism, by Michael G. Findley, Daniel L. Nielson, and J.C. Sharman. Law and Politics Book Review, 2014.
- Review of Violence and Punishment: Civilizing the Body Through Time, by Pieter Spierenburg. International Journal of Comparative Sociology, 2014.
- 世界警学名著译丛:警务全球化·国际警务合作的历史基础. Chinese translation of Policing World Society.
- Ayn Rand. In Encyclopedia of Criminal Justice Ethics, edited by B.A. Arrigo. Sage, 2014.
- The Prison World. Introduction to Punishment and Incarceration: A Global Perspective, 2014.
- Introduction to the Transaction Edition. In Custom: An Essay on Social Codes, by Ferdinand Tönnies.
Feel free to contact me for questions and comments related to my work. Follow me on twitter for updates!ieu
Professor of Sociology
University of South Carolina
Department of Sociology
Sloan College, room 217
911 Pickens Street
Columbia, SC 29208 (USA)